What’s the worst thing you ever lost? A house? A job? Your mind? In the greater scheme of things, my recent loss wasn’t very big. In fact, it was teeny weeny. Here’s what I lost: For those of you who aren’t sure what you’re looking at, it’s a top to a water bottle. The water [...]
What’s the best way to act in the presence of someone famous? Should you bow down at their feet in deference to their superiority and godliness? Or should you ignore them, proving that you’re not impressed by their status? Or how about a combination of the two, alternating between fawning all over them and pretending [...]
Yes, that’s what I said. There’s an opinion about you that’s even more important than your own. More important than liking how you look in the morning. More important than feeling good about your accomplishments on the job. More important than your pride about your skills and traits and talents. Whose opinion could possibly be [...]
When was the last time you used a Pyramid of Power to protect you from life’s little annoyances? If your answer is either “Never” or “It’s been a few months since I’ve used my Pyramid of Power and boy, do I miss it!”, then it’s time for you to get back in the game! (If [...]
If you’re anything like me, you love change. You can’t get enough of it! Every day, you wake up and pray that the Universe will totally rearrange every aspect of your life so you can feel completely disoriented, discombobulated, and disenfranchised. HA! As if. Change is upsetting. It’s disruptive. Yes, it’s often in service of [...]
How do you feel about the phrase “living your passion”? Does it make you tingle from head to toe, eager to bust out and share your passionate stuff with the world? Or does it piss you off? I used to be in the latter category. Mostly because I wasn’t living my passion. It seemed impossible. [...]
Who can perform miracles? Is it just super-talented people? Like Evel Knievel, riding his motorcycle over buses and sharks. Or Jesus and his light-footed aquatic antics. Or can anyone perform miracles? As you can tell by the title of this post, my answer to this question is a big, fat YES! We can all perform [...]
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least and 10 being the most, how much do you care what other people think of you? If you said 1, you’re a liar totally enlightened. If you said 10, Welcome to my world. It’s not that I always care what others think about [...]
What if there was a mantra that could solve all of your problems? I’m talking every single one of your problems – from hangnail to divorce. What if this mantra had the power to completely eviscerate everything you perceive as difficult, wrong, or totally-not-fair? And shake up your life in the process. You probably think [...]
Do you work out? If so, how often? Once a day? Once a week? Once a year? I recently read a book that has permanently altered how I see the role of exercise in my life. The book is called The Blue Zones and it chronicles the lives of people in five areas of the [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- The Guru’s Holiday Photo Extravaganza! December 24, 2013
- Why You Have to Stop Looking for Something in Order to Find It: A Case Study August 12, 2014
- How Not to Act in the Presence of a Celebrity July 29, 2014
- There’s Only One Opinion About Yourself That Matters – And It’s Not Yours July 15, 2014
- How to Use a Pyramid of Power to Protect You From Life’s Annoyances July 1, 2014
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 8: The Quick Change Artist June 24, 2014
- Sauda: Your post is so funny Z! I can so relate! I find ...
- Z Egloff: Hi River, Maybe it's taking pictures of you, loo...
- Z Egloff: Hi Jo, Yes, it is indeed a trippy, trippy Univers...
- Z Egloff: Hi Lynn, Well, I have to say: Melissa and I are A...
- Z Egloff: Hi Rev. Karen, I have never heard of Pocket Wizar...