In the New Age/Metaphysical/Woo-Woo movement, we’re fond of saying that you can be, do or have anything you want. Wanna write a bestseller?! You can do it! Wanna live in a mansion?! It’s yours! Wanna be a rock star?! Rock on with your bad self! But is it really true that we can be, do [...]
Everybody’s always saying that we’re supposed to claim and embody our uniqueness, but sometimes it’s not that easy. Do you feel me? Yes, every snowflake is completely different. And yes, we are like those snowflakes in our amazing, beautiful difference. But what about when the snowflake keeps getting stared at because it doesn’t look like [...]
What do you do when something bad less-than-pleasing happens? Do you tell yourself: A) Bad things are always happening to me. Cuz I’m a loser like that. B) Bad thing? What bad thing? C) I caused it! I caused the bad thing with my bad less-than-pleasing vibration! If you’re in group A, you might [...]
We’ve all been there. Something goes wrong: We get hurt. Someone offends us. Our car runs out of gas. So how do we get out of trouble? Where do we turn for help? Do we look for assistance from things we can see – people, places and things? Or is it better to ask for [...]
How many times have you had this happen: You start a brand new project. Maybe it’s a garden. Or a daily exercise routine. Or a rock opera about the lives of dyslexic mathematicians. Whatever it is, you get off to a roaring start. In fact, you make tons of progress your first day. Then tons [...]
What’s the worst thing you ever lost? A house? A job? Your mind? In the greater scheme of things, my recent loss wasn’t very big. In fact, it was teeny weeny. Here’s what I lost: For those of you who aren’t sure what you’re looking at, it’s a top to a water bottle. The water [...]
What’s the best way to act in the presence of someone famous? Should you bow down at their feet in deference to their superiority and godliness? Or should you ignore them, proving that you’re not impressed by their status? Or how about a combination of the two, alternating between fawning all over them and pretending [...]
Yes, that’s what I said. There’s an opinion about you that’s even more important than your own. More important than liking how you look in the morning. More important than feeling good about your accomplishments on the job. More important than your pride about your skills and traits and talents. Whose opinion could possibly be [...]
When was the last time you used a Pyramid of Power to protect you from life’s little annoyances? If your answer is either “Never” or “It’s been a few months since I’ve used my Pyramid of Power and boy, do I miss it!”, then it’s time for you to get back in the game! (If [...]
If you’re anything like me, you love change. You can’t get enough of it! Every day, you wake up and pray that the Universe will totally rearrange every aspect of your life so you can feel completely disoriented, discombobulated, and disenfranchised. HA! As if. Change is upsetting. It’s disruptive. Yes, it’s often in service of [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- The Guru’s Holiday Photo Extravaganza! December 24, 2013
- Why You Can’t Be Anything You Want. And Why That’s a Good Thing. October 21, 2014
- Here’s an Awesome Affirmation to Claim and Embody Your Uniqueness October 7, 2014
- What’s the Trick to the Law of Attraction? September 23, 2014
- What’s Better – Help from Seen or Unseen Sources? September 9, 2014
- Here’s a Trick to Keep You Moving Forward on Any Project August 26, 2014
- Wayne Haught: Rock star is a relatively flexible term. Right? It...
- Z Egloff: Hi Jackie, Congratulations on your new adventure....
- Z Egloff: Hi Janet, I don't know how to break this to you,...
- Jackie: I haven't found my dharma yet, but it must be in ...
- Janet: Me too, me too--I wanna be a minister/goofball--bu...