What’s your favorite form of entertainment? TV? Movies? Video games? Reading? (I know there are still some of you out there.) These days, we have bazillions of entertainment choices. Thanks to the electronic revolution, many of these choices are available 24/7. These choices leave us with questions: What do I want to watch/play/read? When do [...]
Prejudice is like bad breath. We like to think we don’t have it, but we all do. At least, from time to time. With bad breath, we can brush our teeth. Or pop in a mint. If only it was that easy with prejudice. When it comes to preconceived notions about other people, how do [...]
We’ve all heard of the Seven Deadly Sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy and gluttony. Talk about a fun way to spend a Saturday night! And then there’s the Seven Virtues, meant to counteract the Seven Deadly Sins: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. That’s what you do the morning after. And while [...]
Where do you stand on lap dances? Or perhaps stand is not the right word. Where do you sit on lap dances? Okay, maybe that’s not the right word either. Lap dances – do you love them or hate them? Do you think they’re a beautiful example of sexual expression? Or a cheap and tawdry [...]
Is there anything more awesome than the Golden Rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But what about the other way around? What about when the unto coming your way is seriously not awesome? A while back, we were doing some work on our house. And by “we,” I mean [...]
We’ve all been there. There’s that special someone. Someone who is totally out of reach. But still we pine for them. We want them. If only we could have them, our whole lives would be so much better. The first part of my life was filled with this kind of torture growth opportunity. Indeed, it seemed [...]
We’ve all been there: We’re meditating. Or doing yoga. Or some really groovy, spiritual thing. And we’re totally in the zone. We’re in the flow with everything around us. We’re totally getting the whole spiritual thing. We’re feelin’ it. We’re livin’ it. We ARE it. And then it gets interesting. We can’t help but notice [...]
If you’re a good little spiritual seeker, one of the first things you learn is you’re not supposed to judge others. Judging others is baaaaaaaad. Wait. Is that a judgment? Kinda sounds like one. Let’s try this instead: Judging others is not an optimal way to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Or is it? Another truism of [...]
If you’re like most people, you tend to get a little perfectionistic from time to time. Or maybe “from time to time” isn’t specific enough for you. How’s this: You tend to get a little perfectionistic every day for approximately 14 hours. Is that “perfect” enough for you? I like to think of myself as [...]
Have you ever hung out with someone you had nothing in common with? How was it? Did you love the challenge of connecting with someone completely different than you? Did you revel in the satisfaction of bridging dissimilarities and basking in your essential oneness? Or did you hate every minute? I have been in both [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...