Prejudice is like bad breath. We like to think we don’t have it, but we all do. At least, from time to time. With bad breath, we can brush our teeth. Or pop in a mint. If only it was that easy with prejudice. When it comes to preconceived notions about other people, how do [...]
How do you respond when someone tells you how to dress? Like most people, I’m resistant to the idea. It reminds me of being five years old and being told to dress up for a party. Or being in seventh grade and having to wear the dreaded gym uniform. (Mine was a unitard the color [...]
Have you ever been misunderstood? Have you ever had someone not get you at all? Have you ever been snubbed or judged unfairly? The grasshopper knows your pain. While some insects get all the glory (cough**butterflies**cough), others are forever shunned from the Insect Hall of Fame, their little insect noses pressed against the glass while [...]
How do you feel about your name? Do you absolutely love it? Do you jump out of bed every morning because if someone asks you what your name is, you get to say, “My name is [insert awesome name here]?” No? It’s not like that? Perhaps you’re ho hum about your name. You could take [...]
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking I spent a night of unbridled bliss with Jack Nicholson in the mid 70′s, and I want to brag about it now. Yes and no. I spent many nights of unbridled bliss with Jack in the 70′s, but no hot tubs, champagne, or Hollywood extras were involved. Instead, [...]
Have you ever been to a psychic? Even though I’m thoroughly woo-woo, I’ve only been to one psychic in my life, and that was in my twenties. The psychic told me some things that were totally right-on, and other things that were way off. I can be extremely impressionable, and I’ve found it’s better for [...]
What’s your favorite thing about the Dalai Lama? His cute little smile? His snappy outfits? His unrelenting efforts in the areas of human rights and world peace? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for world peace. But I just discovered something about the Dalai Lama that’s more amazing than that. Check it out: I recently [...]
What’s your least favorite emotion? Mine is anger. Don’t get me wrong – anger can actually feel good at times. But other times? Not so much. My least favorite time to experience anger is in the presence of an authority figure. Especially if my anger is directed at the authority figure. In those cases, I [...]
If you’re like most people, you’ve told a lie from time to time. But have you ever been forced to lie? By a boss? Or parent? Or friend? How did you handle it? Did you ever come clean and tell the truth? Back in the day, I got a great job. It was in the [...]
Who inspires you? Who makes you want to be a better person? Is it someone you know? Or someone you don’t? Someone who’s still alive? Or someone who’s passed over to the other side? In my case, my source of inspiration is someone I share oxygen with on a daily basis. Someone whose deep, prophetic [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...