We’ve all heard of the Seven Deadly Sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy and gluttony. Talk about a fun way to spend a Saturday night! And then there’s the Seven Virtues, meant to counteract the Seven Deadly Sins: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. That’s what you do the morning after. And while [...]
Before I landed in the blogosphere, I was a fiction writer. Before I was a fiction writer, I was a fan fic writer. Thirteen years ago, the television show “ER” had a lesbian subplot, and that subplot inspired me to pick up a pen and start writing “fan fic,” or fan fiction. (Fan fiction, for [...]
How do you get your inspiration? By reading your favorite books or listening to your favorite music? By spending time in nature? Or does your inspiration come randomly, out of the blue? Or maybe you think you’re the kind of person who doesn’t get inspired, someone who falls outside the bounds of creativity. For those [...]
Mp3 available here! The story behind this video: In the spring of 2012, I took a class at Holmes Institute called Metaphysical Bible. For our final project, our instructor, Rev. Robin Davidson asked us to come up with a presentation that reconciled the Old Testament, fire-and-brimstone God with the New Age, touchy-feely God. She encouraged [...]
Have you ever had contact with something Bigger than yourself? And I’m not talking about a phone call with the I.R.S. Or an offer to join the Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. I’m talking about Something so big, so vast, it takes your breath away. Something that reminds you who you are, and what you’re made of. [...]
Is there anything more uncomfortable than confrontation? How about wearing a pair of underpants three sizes too small? While waiting in line at the DMV? Or being tied to a chair and being forced to watch reruns of Gomer Pyle? (Yes, I know some of you actually like this show, but that’s an issue beyond [...]
First things first: Whether you realize it or not, you’re an artist. Yes, you. I don’t care if you can’t carry a note. Or if your paintings look like they were drawn by a kindergartner. With her eyes closed. You’re an artist. Wanna know how I know? I’ll tell you in a minute. When I [...]
You’re asked to perform in front of an audience. What do you do? A) Put a bag over your head in order to hide your freaked-out face B) Laugh uncontrollably while fleeing the room C) Grab a mic and run on stage, eager to perform your heart out According to the polls, only a minority [...]
Have you ever made a mistake? How about a mistake in front of other people? How about a mistake in front of an audience? I don’t know about you, but making a mistake in front of an entire collection of people who have their eyes focused on me is not on the top of my [...]
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking I saw Gandhi and was inspired to don a loincloth and join the Peace Corps. Or that I watched Sexy Beast and slipped into an obsession with the underworld and criminal capers. Or that I saw Mr. Kingsley on a talk show and immediately shaved my head and [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- Is There Any Addiction Less Sexy Than This One? December 10, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, So sorry about the broccoli addiction f...
- Karen: I love the emphasis here on each of us being uniqu...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, That's awesome that you were able to ...
- Sherry: I'm ok with sugar. I was not, however, ok with G...
- Z Egloff: It sounds like a wonderful process. Anything invol...