If you’re a good little spiritual seeker, one of the first things you learn is you’re not supposed to judge others. Judging others is baaaaaaaad. Wait. Is that a judgment? Kinda sounds like one. Let’s try this instead: Judging others is not an optimal way to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Or is it? Another truism of [...]
Have you ever affirmed something? Maybe you employed the technique of visualization. Maybe you stood in front of a mirror and recited affirmations. Maybe you cut out a bunch of pictures and put them on a vision board. Or maybe you just focused your mind on a particular outcome until it came about. If you’ve [...]
Are you one of those kids who dreamed about your wedding day? Or were you more into playing kickball and eating ice cream, unencumbered by such trivial fantasies? Throughout my childhood, I was solidly in the second camp. I never once had images of myself in a fancy white wedding gown, floating down the aisle [...]
How do you know if something is true? Do you take someone else’s word for it? Or do you need to prove it for yourself? While I rely on others for advice and information, there’s no substitute for personal experience. Especially when I need to be convinced that something is legitimate. That’s particularly true when [...]
What’s the best way to get something done? Visualize it? Or forge ahead and make it happen? Just to be clear, this post is not for people who are only interested in the latter. Yes, you can accomplish a lot by focusing solely on physical reality, but things get a lot more interesting when you [...]
What’s your favorite affirmation? Even if you don’t do affirmations, I’ll bet you still have one. Like when you’re having a great day and you say to yourself, My life is amazing. Or when you accomplish something significant and you think, I am awesome. And I keep getting awesomer. One of my favorite baseline affirmations [...]
Remember the show Bewitched? Who was your favorite character? Was it Endora, the campy, bee-atchy elder witch? Or Darren – the guy who was so cool, he had to be played by two different actors over the course of the series? Or how about Gladys Kravitz, the nosy next-door neighbor who was always catching an [...]
Have you ever been trapped by a limiting thought? I can’t do it. I’m too fat/stupid/smart/old/unworthy. For many of us, these thoughts prevent us from moving forward in our lives. And yet, sometimes, we’re able to break free of these restricting beliefs and let our freak flags fly. How do we break free? What’s the [...]
What’s so great about the law of attraction? I mean, everybody’s talking about it these days. There are movies like “The Secret”. And books like “Ask and It Is Given.” But the law of attraction is just a law. And the world is full of laws. Like gravity. And stopping at red lights. What’s so special [...]
Have you ever been frustrated by affirmations and visualizations? Has your manifesting mojo ever been seriously stymied? You know the drill: You affirm it. You visualize it. You cut out little pictures from magazines and plaster them all over your face. Okay, not your face, but your wall. And your mirror. And the dashboard of [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- Is There Any Addiction Less Sexy Than This One? December 10, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- Karen: I love the emphasis here on each of us being uniqu...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, That's awesome that you were able to ...
- Sherry: I'm ok with sugar. I was not, however, ok with G...
- Z Egloff: It sounds like a wonderful process. Anything invol...
- Z Egloff: Hi Claire, That's my job!! PCN! Professional Cla...