What’s your favorite form of entertainment? TV? Movies? Video games? Reading? (I know there are still some of you out there.) These days, we have bazillions of entertainment choices. Thanks to the electronic revolution, many of these choices are available 24/7. These choices leave us with questions: What do I want to watch/play/read? When do [...]
How do you feel about numbers? Do they scare you? Does the phrase “Solve for X” make your skin crawl and your toes sweat? Or are you a geek who embraces the numerical world with all the enthusiasm of a child on Christmas morning? Oh boy! Pythagorean triples and Diophantine equations! And it’s only 6 [...]
Have you ever lost perspective? Like, blown something out of proportion? I’ve been known to do this occasionally. If by occasionally, you mean daily. Over time, I’ve become more tempered in my reactions, less likely to blow things out of proportion. But I had a little slip recently. As some of you know, I’ve written [...]
When it comes to making major changes in your life – or even minor ones – how do you know it’s the right time? Do the clouds part, and a choir of angels sings to you in perfect harmony, “Now! Now is the time!“? Or does a bolt of lightning shoot out of the sky, [...]
When you think of your life, how often does the word “awesome” come to mind? All the time? Sometimes? Never? No matter where your life is on the awesome spectrum, you can make it even awesome-er. And it only takes a few minutes a day! In spite of my current happy-peppy outlook on life, I wasn’t always [...]
How are you doing? It sounds so innocuous, doesn’t it? It’s right up there with What’s new? and What’s happening? All these questions require a reply, preferably one of a short, definitive nature: Fine. It’s going great. Super. Thanks for asking. As if. Here in America, we love snappy replies. We want everything to be [...]
What if there was a way to quickly access the inner workings of your psyche? What if there was a way to easily and accurately take a snapshot of your unconscious? There is. Hello, folks! Dr. Z here, and I’m back to share my latest development in psycho-spiritual research! It’s called the HA, and it’s [...]
Remember Pollyanna? The little girl who was so frickin’ positive about everything, she drove everyone crazy? Sure, she was a fictional character, but she made a strong impression. To this day, the word Pollyanna is synonymous with a naïve, unrealistic attitude toward life. But what if Pollyanna was right? You heard me. What if her [...]
Your mind is like a bad neighborhood. Never go in it alone. I love this expression. It reminds me of the perils of venturing, unchaperoned, into the ruts and rubble of my unexamined thoughts and beliefs. I am also reminded that a “bad neighborhood” can look very different to different people. But one thing remains [...]
You may find it hard to believe that I, a card-carrying Goofball could have anything in common with Steve Young, one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks of all time. But I do! Not only that, our shared trait is potentially available to all human beings, Goofballs and non-Goofballs alike! It does, however, take extraordinary circumstances [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- Is There Any Addiction Less Sexy Than This One? December 10, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- Karen: I love the emphasis here on each of us being uniqu...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, That's awesome that you were able to ...
- Sherry: I'm ok with sugar. I was not, however, ok with G...
- Z Egloff: It sounds like a wonderful process. Anything invol...
- Z Egloff: Hi Claire, That's my job!! PCN! Professional Cla...