We’ve all been there: We’re meditating. Or doing yoga. Or some really groovy, spiritual thing. And we’re totally in the zone. We’re in the flow with everything around us. We’re totally getting the whole spiritual thing. We’re feelin’ it. We’re livin’ it. We ARE it. And then it gets interesting. We can’t help but notice [...]
If you have any interest in spiritual growth, or even if you don’t, you’ve probably heard this a million times: “Life is a journey, not a destination.” I always thought this quote came from the people who made posters in the 1970′s. You know the ones. There’s a picture of a forest with a wide [...]
Have you ever had someone tell you: “You can’t love anyone until you learn to love yourself”? And did you want to strangle the person who told you that? Though that wouldn’t be very loving, would it? Yes, it’s true that if we don’t love ourselves, it’s difficult to love anyone else, but this is [...]
How many times a day does the Divine speak to you? Every five hours? Five minutes? Five seconds? Although I would love to be an enlightened master with 24/7 access to Divine Wisdom, this is not how I currently roll. When it comes to the spiritual path, I’m more of a get up, fall down, [...]
There are a lot of great spiritual teachers out there: The Dalai Lama, Eckhart Tolle, Pema Chodron. These wise souls help us reconnect with Divine Oneness, the truth of our Being. But there’s one spiritual teacher who’s been virtually ignored. Despite efforts to bring her teachings to the mainstream, her wisdom has been obscured by [...]
What’s your relationship to silence? Do you embrace it? Do you shun it? Do you fill your life with sound – people, television, radio – in order to avoid it? Personally, I love to be quiet. I love spending time in the silence, touching base with myself – my mind, my body, my soul. Except [...]
What’s your spiritual practice? Do you meditate? Do you pray or say affirmations? Do you spend time in nature, absorbing the beauty of the Divine? My spiritual home is the Center for Spiritual Living Santa Rosa. At our Center, we have five practices that help us align with the Divine. They are as follows: 1. [...]
What’s the scariest thing you have to do? Ask your boss for a raise? Clean your fridge? Or how about speaking in public?! That’s always a popular option. There are plenty of things that scare me, but these days I’m wrestling with a particularly frightening activity, one I avoid at all costs. Here’s what happened: [...]
What’s your favorite word? Do you have one? If so, do you say it all the time, like “Dude” or “Awesome“? Or do you only use it every once and a while? Like, “Gosh, I sure am feeling copacetic today.” Or, “I wish I wasn’t so discombobulated.” I have so many favorite words, it’s hard to [...]
When you agree to pet-sit for a friend, there are three basic assumptions to be made: 1) You will feed the pet. 2) You will keep the pet safe. 3) You will do your best to keep the pet alive until your friend returns. No problem, right? Piece of cake, right? So why was it [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Ren, Thanks for stopping by! Always nice to me...