What’s your favorite form of entertainment? TV? Movies? Video games? Reading? (I know there are still some of you out there.) These days, we have bazillions of entertainment choices. Thanks to the electronic revolution, many of these choices are available 24/7. These choices leave us with questions: What do I want to watch/play/read? When do [...]
When you think about your life, what comes to mind? Is it bursting at the seams with love and creativity? Or is it just limping along, looking for a place to rest its weary head? Or maybe it’s somewhere in between. Wherever you fall on the spectrum, my guess is that things could be better. [...]
When was the last time you talked to a dead person? Given the readership of this blog, I wouldn’t be surprised if more than a handful of you said, “Yesterday.” So here’s another question: When was the last time you talked to an entire collection of dead people who inspired you to expand your conception [...]
Have you ever been at a spiritual retreat that didn’t feel very spiritual? Perhaps the facilitator seemed more egoic than enlightened. Perhaps the other participants seemed incapable of deep, honest inquiry. Or maybe the whole event had an overly-materialistic vibe. Whatever it was, it left you feeling unsatisfied, incomplete. Of course, everything is spiritual. I’ve [...]
Have you ever been in a bad mood? You know, one of those days – or weeks – where it’s like a dimming switch has been activated? And you’re not sure who turned down the lights: Was it you? Or was it someone else? And if it was someone else, you’re pretty sure you know [...]
What do vacations and to-do lists have in common? Nothing. They have nothing in common. So why was my recent vacation dominated by one? Let me tell you. First of all, I’m not a fan of lists. I think they’re fascist. Actually, it’s not the lists themselves that are fascist. It’s what my mind does [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...