Have you ever affirmed something? Maybe you employed the technique of visualization. Maybe you stood in front of a mirror and recited affirmations. Maybe you cut out a bunch of pictures and put them on a vision board. Or maybe you just focused your mind on a particular outcome until it came about. If you’ve [...]
What’s your favorite affirmation? Even if you don’t do affirmations, I’ll bet you still have one. Like when you’re having a great day and you say to yourself, My life is amazing. Or when you accomplish something significant and you think, I am awesome. And I keep getting awesomer. One of my favorite baseline affirmations [...]
Do you believe in soul mates? If so, do you have a vision of what yours looks like? Perhaps you’re married to your soul mate, so you have a perfectly clear visual. Or maybe you have an image of your ideal mate, but you have yet to meet. Or you already met, but it didn’t [...]
You’ve all been there: You’re having a great day. Maybe your best day ever. The planets are in alignment and everything is going your way. Everywhere you go, doors open. Birds fly in synchronized patterns above your head. People smile and give you cash. Nothing can stop your positive juju and seriously slammin’ vibes! Or [...]
Have you ever been trapped by a limiting thought? I can’t do it. I’m too fat/stupid/smart/old/unworthy. For many of us, these thoughts prevent us from moving forward in our lives. And yet, sometimes, we’re able to break free of these restricting beliefs and let our freak flags fly. How do we break free? What’s the [...]
Have you ever been frustrated by affirmations and visualizations? Has your manifesting mojo ever been seriously stymied? You know the drill: You affirm it. You visualize it. You cut out little pictures from magazines and plaster them all over your face. Okay, not your face, but your wall. And your mirror. And the dashboard of [...]
When you think about your life, what comes to mind? Is it bursting at the seams with love and creativity? Or is it just limping along, looking for a place to rest its weary head? Or maybe it’s somewhere in between. Wherever you fall on the spectrum, my guess is that things could be better. [...]
Affirmations may seem all light and fluffy, but they’re not. In fact, I think they should come with a warning label. You heard me right. A warning label. Anyone who starts using affirmations – positive, present-tense statements designed to train one’s consciousness in a specific direction – should be cautioned about what they’re getting into. What would [...]
Your mind is like a bad neighborhood. Never go in it alone. I love this expression. It reminds me of the perils of venturing, unchaperoned, into the ruts and rubble of my unexamined thoughts and beliefs. I am also reminded that a “bad neighborhood” can look very different to different people. But one thing remains [...]
What is prayer? What’s the best way to pray? What’s the most powerful method for developing an instant pipeline to the Universe, the Source of All? There isn’t one. I’m not saying that I don’t believe in prayer. I do. I’m just saying that there isn’t one right way to pray. That’s like saying there’s [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...