If you’re like most people, you tend to get a little perfectionistic from time to time. Or maybe “from time to time” isn’t specific enough for you. How’s this: You tend to get a little perfectionistic every day for approximately 14 hours. Is that “perfect” enough for you? I like to think of myself as [...]
How do you feel about numbers? Do they scare you? Does the phrase “Solve for X” make your skin crawl and your toes sweat? Or are you a geek who embraces the numerical world with all the enthusiasm of a child on Christmas morning? Oh boy! Pythagorean triples and Diophantine equations! And it’s only 6 [...]
How many times a day does the Divine speak to you? Every five hours? Five minutes? Five seconds? Although I would love to be an enlightened master with 24/7 access to Divine Wisdom, this is not how I currently roll. When it comes to the spiritual path, I’m more of a get up, fall down, [...]
When it comes to making major changes in your life – or even minor ones – how do you know it’s the right time? Do the clouds part, and a choir of angels sings to you in perfect harmony, “Now! Now is the time!“? Or does a bolt of lightning shoot out of the sky, [...]
What’s your favorite thing about the Dalai Lama? His cute little smile? His snappy outfits? His unrelenting efforts in the areas of human rights and world peace? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for world peace. But I just discovered something about the Dalai Lama that’s more amazing than that. Check it out: I recently [...]
Do you believe in soul mates? If so, do you have a vision of what yours looks like? Perhaps you’re married to your soul mate, so you have a perfectly clear visual. Or maybe you have an image of your ideal mate, but you have yet to meet. Or you already met, but it didn’t [...]
Remember the show Bewitched? Who was your favorite character? Was it Endora, the campy, bee-atchy elder witch? Or Darren – the guy who was so cool, he had to be played by two different actors over the course of the series? Or how about Gladys Kravitz, the nosy next-door neighbor who was always catching an [...]
When you agree to pet-sit for a friend, there are three basic assumptions to be made: 1) You will feed the pet. 2) You will keep the pet safe. 3) You will do your best to keep the pet alive until your friend returns. No problem, right? Piece of cake, right? So why was it [...]
First things first: Whether you realize it or not, you’re an artist. Yes, you. I don’t care if you can’t carry a note. Or if your paintings look like they were drawn by a kindergartner. With her eyes closed. You’re an artist. Wanna know how I know? I’ll tell you in a minute. When I [...]
If you took an inventory of your life, what would you find? Are there areas that are totally hunky dory? And how about train wrecks – are there any of those? I like to think that my life is train-wreck-free, but that’s not always the case. Sometimes my trains get seriously wrecked. Or life wrecks [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...