Prejudice is like bad breath. We like to think we don’t have it, but we all do. At least, from time to time. With bad breath, we can brush our teeth. Or pop in a mint. If only it was that easy with prejudice. When it comes to preconceived notions about other people, how do [...]
If you’re like most people, you’ve told a lie from time to time. But have you ever been forced to lie? By a boss? Or parent? Or friend? How did you handle it? Did you ever come clean and tell the truth? Back in the day, I got a great job. It was in the [...]
What’s your most important thing? Do you have one? And if so, do you ever forget it? I wish I could say I have my priorities in order and never forget what’s most important to me. But that’s not the case. Claiming that I always remember what’s most important to me would be like saying [...]
So, you’re a Goofball. But do you know what kind of Goofball you are?! The other day, I was reading an article in Elephant Journal about Ayurvedic types. It got me thinking: What about Ayurvedic types for Goofballs?! I know, we’re wacky and unpredictable, but what if we’re also classifiable? (And I mean that in only [...]
You may find it hard to believe that I, a card-carrying Goofball could have anything in common with Steve Young, one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks of all time. But I do! Not only that, our shared trait is potentially available to all human beings, Goofballs and non-Goofballs alike! It does, however, take extraordinary circumstances [...]
Every day, people stop me on the street and say, “Z, what can being a goofball do for me?” They also ask me, “Do black holes snore?” And “If x + y equals 55, what’s z – 15?” But those are questions for another day. Today we’re talking about goofballs. And given that I’m exhausted [...]
I have to confess: I didn’t want to go. Who wants to jump in their car at 7 a.m. and trot over to the Hall of Justice to report for jury duty? Certainly not me. Except I have another confession to make. Part of me did want to go. I believe everything happens for a [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...