If you’re a good little spiritual seeker, one of the first things you learn is you’re not supposed to judge others. Judging others is baaaaaaaad. Wait. Is that a judgment? Kinda sounds like one. Let’s try this instead: Judging others is not an optimal way to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Or is it? Another truism of [...]
If you’re like most people, you tend to get a little perfectionistic from time to time. Or maybe “from time to time” isn’t specific enough for you. How’s this: You tend to get a little perfectionistic every day for approximately 14 hours. Is that “perfect” enough for you? I like to think of myself as [...]
Have you ever had someone tell you: “You can’t love anyone until you learn to love yourself”? And did you want to strangle the person who told you that? Though that wouldn’t be very loving, would it? Yes, it’s true that if we don’t love ourselves, it’s difficult to love anyone else, but this is [...]
What’s your favorite thing about the Dalai Lama? His cute little smile? His snappy outfits? His unrelenting efforts in the areas of human rights and world peace? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for world peace. But I just discovered something about the Dalai Lama that’s more amazing than that. Check it out: I recently [...]
You’ve all been there: You’re having a great day. Maybe your best day ever. The planets are in alignment and everything is going your way. Everywhere you go, doors open. Birds fly in synchronized patterns above your head. People smile and give you cash. Nothing can stop your positive juju and seriously slammin’ vibes! Or [...]
Have you ever been at a spiritual retreat that didn’t feel very spiritual? Perhaps the facilitator seemed more egoic than enlightened. Perhaps the other participants seemed incapable of deep, honest inquiry. Or maybe the whole event had an overly-materialistic vibe. Whatever it was, it left you feeling unsatisfied, incomplete. Of course, everything is spiritual. I’ve [...]
We’ve all seen it. A co-worker gets sick and wonders what she “did wrong” to cause the illness. A friend loses his job and blames it on his “lack consciousness.” A family member gets dumped by her boyfriend and beats herself up for not being a good enough “love magnet.” They’re all victims of that [...]
Every day, people stop me on the street and say, “Z, what can being a goofball do for me?” They also ask me, “Do black holes snore?” And “If x + y equals 55, what’s z – 15?” But those are questions for another day. Today we’re talking about goofballs. And given that I’m exhausted [...]
Have you ever made a mistake? How about a mistake in front of other people? How about a mistake in front of an audience? I don’t know about you, but making a mistake in front of an entire collection of people who have their eyes focused on me is not on the top of my [...]
I can hear you now. What on earth is piano prison?! Is it a place for people who steal baby grands from cocktail lounges? A penitentiary shaped like a giant piano? A room full of people playing Feelings and Tiny Bubbles? Oh no, my friends. It’s worse. Much worse. Let me explain. I was trained [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...