We’ve all been there: We’re meditating. Or doing yoga. Or some really groovy, spiritual thing. And we’re totally in the zone. We’re in the flow with everything around us. We’re totally getting the whole spiritual thing. We’re feelin’ it. We’re livin’ it. We ARE it. And then it gets interesting. We can’t help but notice [...]
Have you ever lost perspective? Like, blown something out of proportion? I’ve been known to do this occasionally. If by occasionally, you mean daily. Over time, I’ve become more tempered in my reactions, less likely to blow things out of proportion. But I had a little slip recently. As some of you know, I’ve written [...]
What’s your relationship to silence? Do you embrace it? Do you shun it? Do you fill your life with sound – people, television, radio – in order to avoid it? Personally, I love to be quiet. I love spending time in the silence, touching base with myself – my mind, my body, my soul. Except [...]
What’s your spiritual practice? Do you meditate? Do you pray or say affirmations? Do you spend time in nature, absorbing the beauty of the Divine? My spiritual home is the Center for Spiritual Living Santa Rosa. At our Center, we have five practices that help us align with the Divine. They are as follows: 1. [...]
What’s the best way to get something done? Visualize it? Or forge ahead and make it happen? Just to be clear, this post is not for people who are only interested in the latter. Yes, you can accomplish a lot by focusing solely on physical reality, but things get a lot more interesting when you [...]
Do you believe in soul mates? If so, do you have a vision of what yours looks like? Perhaps you’re married to your soul mate, so you have a perfectly clear visual. Or maybe you have an image of your ideal mate, but you have yet to meet. Or you already met, but it didn’t [...]
Remember the show Bewitched? Who was your favorite character? Was it Endora, the campy, bee-atchy elder witch? Or Darren – the guy who was so cool, he had to be played by two different actors over the course of the series? Or how about Gladys Kravitz, the nosy next-door neighbor who was always catching an [...]
What’s the scariest thing you have to do? Ask your boss for a raise? Clean your fridge? Or how about speaking in public?! That’s always a popular option. There are plenty of things that scare me, but these days I’m wrestling with a particularly frightening activity, one I avoid at all costs. Here’s what happened: [...]
If you’re like most people, you’ve told a lie from time to time. But have you ever been forced to lie? By a boss? Or parent? Or friend? How did you handle it? Did you ever come clean and tell the truth? Back in the day, I got a great job. It was in the [...]
What does “Happily Ever After” mean to you? Perhaps you think of a couple, holding hands and walking into the sunset. But what happens after they stroll out of the frame? Do they keep holding hands? Do they remain in a rapturous, blissed-out state? Or do they get into a fight about which way to [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...