Remember Pollyanna? The little girl who was so frickin’ positive about everything, she drove everyone crazy? Sure, she was a fictional character, but she made a strong impression. To this day, the word Pollyanna is synonymous with a naïve, unrealistic attitude toward life. But what if Pollyanna was right? You heard me. What if her [...]
When you hear the word “boundaries,” what comes to mind? A crossing guard in full uniform, his squinty eyes leveling you with disdain? Or an insurmountable barrier, like a barbed-wire fence with Rottweilers on the bottom and sharp, pointy spikes on top? Or maybe you think of “boundaries” in the psychological sense: A granola-loving, tofu-smacking [...]
Affirmations may seem all light and fluffy, but they’re not. In fact, I think they should come with a warning label. You heard me right. A warning label. Anyone who starts using affirmations – positive, present-tense statements designed to train one’s consciousness in a specific direction – should be cautioned about what they’re getting into. What would [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- How Elves Can Heal Your Life November 29, 2011
- Why I Thought I Was Going to Die When I Turned 23. And Why I Was Right. (Part 1) January 3, 2012
- When Healers Cause Harm June 18, 2013
- Wanna Do the Best Experiment Ever?! June 11, 2013
- It’s My New Book! June 7, 2013
- How I Shut My Mouth and Found My Soul June 4, 2013
- How to Awesome-ize Your Life in 3 Minutes a Day May 28, 2013