If you’re like most people, you tend to get a little perfectionistic from time to time. Or maybe “from time to time” isn’t specific enough for you. How’s this: You tend to get a little perfectionistic every day for approximately 14 hours. Is that “perfect” enough for you? I like to think of myself as [...]
How do you get your inspiration? By reading your favorite books or listening to your favorite music? By spending time in nature? Or does your inspiration come randomly, out of the blue? Or maybe you think you’re the kind of person who doesn’t get inspired, someone who falls outside the bounds of creativity. For those [...]
What’s the best way to get something done? Visualize it? Or forge ahead and make it happen? Just to be clear, this post is not for people who are only interested in the latter. Yes, you can accomplish a lot by focusing solely on physical reality, but things get a lot more interesting when you [...]
When you agree to pet-sit for a friend, there are three basic assumptions to be made: 1) You will feed the pet. 2) You will keep the pet safe. 3) You will do your best to keep the pet alive until your friend returns. No problem, right? Piece of cake, right? So why was it [...]
What’s your most important thing? Do you have one? And if so, do you ever forget it? I wish I could say I have my priorities in order and never forget what’s most important to me. But that’s not the case. Claiming that I always remember what’s most important to me would be like saying [...]
Do you have a physical attribute that you hate? Maybe it’s your nose. Or your belly. Or your ankles. Do you often think that if only you didn’t have this dreaded physical feature, everything would be so much better? In my case, it was my feet. I have enormous feet. Like, Big Foot big. Here’s [...]
Everyone says there are Seven Wonders of the World, but I know there are really Eight. The Eighth being my television remote. Sure, it looks like a regular old remote, made of plastic and metal and little rubber buttons, but this remote is special. This remote has been to the Other Side and back. And [...]
Every day, people stop me on the street and say, “Z, what can being a goofball do for me?” They also ask me, “Do black holes snore?” And “If x + y equals 55, what’s z – 15?” But those are questions for another day. Today we’re talking about goofballs. And given that I’m exhausted [...]
Step aside Carl Jung. Step aside Ken Wilbur. There’s a new psycho-spiritual theorist in town and her name is . . . . Dr. Z! It doesn’t matter that I’m not actually a doctor. That didn’t stop me from coming up with a new theory that totally explains the entire scope of human spiritual and [...]
Have you ever made a mistake? How about a mistake in front of other people? How about a mistake in front of an audience? I don’t know about you, but making a mistake in front of an entire collection of people who have their eyes focused on me is not on the top of my [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...