Have you ever had someone tell you: “You can’t love anyone until you learn to love yourself”? And did you want to strangle the person who told you that? Though that wouldn’t be very loving, would it? Yes, it’s true that if we don’t love ourselves, it’s difficult to love anyone else, but this is [...]
What’s your spiritual practice? Do you meditate? Do you pray or say affirmations? Do you spend time in nature, absorbing the beauty of the Divine? My spiritual home is the Center for Spiritual Living Santa Rosa. At our Center, we have five practices that help us align with the Divine. They are as follows: 1. [...]
Have you ever been trapped by a limiting thought? I can’t do it. I’m too fat/stupid/smart/old/unworthy. For many of us, these thoughts prevent us from moving forward in our lives. And yet, sometimes, we’re able to break free of these restricting beliefs and let our freak flags fly. How do we break free? What’s the [...]
Where was I? Oh yes, I had zoomed out of my body while running down the street after a morning spent with my stoner friends! For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m assuming that: a) you haven’t read last week’s post, or b) your short-term memory doesn’t extend past [...]
I can hear you now. What on earth is piano prison?! Is it a place for people who steal baby grands from cocktail lounges? A penitentiary shaped like a giant piano? A room full of people playing Feelings and Tiny Bubbles? Oh no, my friends. It’s worse. Much worse. Let me explain. I was trained [...]
What’s more fun than getting pulled over by a cop? Nothing, really. And boy howdy, did I have fun the other day! But I’m getting ahead of myself. The good times started way before my glorious interaction with the law. The fun began after my walk at Spring Lake the other morning, when I was [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...