We’ve all heard of the Seven Deadly Sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy and gluttony. Talk about a fun way to spend a Saturday night! And then there’s the Seven Virtues, meant to counteract the Seven Deadly Sins: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. That’s what you do the morning after. And while [...]
We’ve all been there: We’re meditating. Or doing yoga. Or some really groovy, spiritual thing. And we’re totally in the zone. We’re in the flow with everything around us. We’re totally getting the whole spiritual thing. We’re feelin’ it. We’re livin’ it. We ARE it. And then it gets interesting. We can’t help but notice [...]
If you’re a good little spiritual seeker, one of the first things you learn is you’re not supposed to judge others. Judging others is baaaaaaaad. Wait. Is that a judgment? Kinda sounds like one. Let’s try this instead: Judging others is not an optimal way to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Or is it? Another truism of [...]
If you have any interest in spiritual growth, or even if you don’t, you’ve probably heard this a million times: “Life is a journey, not a destination.” I always thought this quote came from the people who made posters in the 1970′s. You know the ones. There’s a picture of a forest with a wide [...]
How many times a day does the Divine speak to you? Every five hours? Five minutes? Five seconds? Although I would love to be an enlightened master with 24/7 access to Divine Wisdom, this is not how I currently roll. When it comes to the spiritual path, I’m more of a get up, fall down, [...]
Have you ever lost perspective? Like, blown something out of proportion? I’ve been known to do this occasionally. If by occasionally, you mean daily. Over time, I’ve become more tempered in my reactions, less likely to blow things out of proportion. But I had a little slip recently. As some of you know, I’ve written [...]
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking I spent a night of unbridled bliss with Jack Nicholson in the mid 70′s, and I want to brag about it now. Yes and no. I spent many nights of unbridled bliss with Jack in the 70′s, but no hot tubs, champagne, or Hollywood extras were involved. Instead, [...]
There are a lot of great spiritual teachers out there: The Dalai Lama, Eckhart Tolle, Pema Chodron. These wise souls help us reconnect with Divine Oneness, the truth of our Being. But there’s one spiritual teacher who’s been virtually ignored. Despite efforts to bring her teachings to the mainstream, her wisdom has been obscured by [...]
What’s the best way to get something done? Visualize it? Or forge ahead and make it happen? Just to be clear, this post is not for people who are only interested in the latter. Yes, you can accomplish a lot by focusing solely on physical reality, but things get a lot more interesting when you [...]
What’s your favorite thing about the Dalai Lama? His cute little smile? His snappy outfits? His unrelenting efforts in the areas of human rights and world peace? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for world peace. But I just discovered something about the Dalai Lama that’s more amazing than that. Check it out: I recently [...]
GET Z UPDATES!
Sign up below to get my blog posts delivered to your email in-box!
Find me on Facebook!
- My Front-Row Ticket to a Miracle August 14, 2012
- What a Mormon Woman Taught Me About Truth and Clothing September 3, 2013
- Forget Butterflies. Dragonflies Have an Ever Better Story! May 7, 2013
- How I Survived the Spiritual Retreat from Hell April 17, 2012
- Why I Changed My Name to Z August 6, 2013
- The One Question You Need to Ask About Your Entertainment Choices December 3, 2013
- How to Overcome the Power of Prejudice November 26, 2013
- The 7 Virtues of Blogging November 19, 2013
- My Guru Has a Tail, Episode 5: The Lap Dance November 12, 2013
- How Do You Love Your Neighbor When They’re Being a Rat Fink? November 5, 2013
- Jane Beach: I love using a Book of the Month for my Sunday mes...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Of course you're a fan of Sponge Bob! ...
- Z Egloff: Hi Karen, Yay! Another Abe fan. :) Your story ab...
- Z Egloff: Hi Nita, Fun to "see" you here! :) Ooooooh! Sq...
- Z Egloff: Hi Sherry, Yes, I hear you. Being steeped in Abe ...